We’ve seen a plethora of tips posted online about how to find a good bookkeeper. Being trusted and experienced bookkeepers ourselves, we decided to release the real set of tips on how to find a good bookkeeper. Coming up is the mother of all tip-lists you’ve seen on finding a good bookkeeper.
Offering offshore accounting services for more than a decade now, Velan bookkeepers have been serving some of the biggest accounting firms and CAs at a global level. We know our clients love our offshore accounting services, considering each one of us has stayed with us ever since. So this list is going to be much closer home for us and we’re going to tell you what we do right, to always stay in the good books of our clients – get the wordplay?
Here’s how you find a good bookkeeper:
- Make sure you’re dealing with a reputable organization: More often than not, individual bookkeepers lack the reliability and sense of accountability that you’d expect.
- Sense of ownership: A good bookkeeper is proactive in assisting you with foresight and helping you make the right decisions at the right time.
- Deep domain expertise: A bookkeeper who has handled multiple clients across varied industries is most often the best bet.
- Cloud-ready accountants:Accountants with dexterous experience or certification in Cloud-based accounting software’s will make a great future-proof investment.
- Flexible payment methods: Now this is more in terms of outsourcing and offshore accounting services, but nevertheless a useful tip.
- Training & accreditation: A good bookkeeper must have some accreditation to present. Velan is ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certified to indicate highly robust business process and highly secure offshore accounting services.
- Experience in years: For bookkeepers who work better and significantly faster, a minimum of 2 years of multi-industry bookkeeping experience is preferred – such is the experience offered by Velan.
- A business process: Not only when you avail offshore accounting services from organizations such as Velan but even when considering an individual bookkeeper, you need to identify what the business process is. Every good bookkeeper has a standard set of procedures and a rigorous process workflow or at least a checklist in place, when they do the books every month.
- Cost: A bookkeeper should charge by the industry standards. However critical they may be to your firm, an exorbitant fee is not justified. Offshore accounting services can help you zero-in on a bookkeeper with a price tag, just about right for your organization.
- Location: A major thing to remember is that for a bookkeeper to work efficiently, unlike other professions, location isn’t an important factor. Bookkeepers can be in-house, within the state or anywhere on the Earth for that matter. Does your bookkeeper require constant supervision? If yes, then you should see the warning sign right away. Remote is best since it would cost you a lot lesser and a remote organization would be an added advantage since the sense of ownership will be heightened.
If you’re still looking for the right bookkeeper then allow us to put an end to your search. Hire Velan Bookkeepers for exemplary offshore accounting services. Hire one or hire a team; hire hourly or hire monthly – to inquire about the flexible packages and engagement models of our offshore accounting services, call us at +1-516-717-2049
Hope you enjoyed reading this post. Let us know in the comments if you need more advice on finding a good bookkeeper! Or signup for a free 30-minute consultation session with our expert.